Corporate & Academic Insights to Become an Inspiring Leader (Hong Kong)
25 April @ 9:00 am - 26 April @ 5:00 pm
“During my many years in Leadership Development, I have not engaged in a more helpful or inspiring workshop! Gerry meets all criteria for excellence!” ~ Prof. Steven J. Dekrey, Associate Dean, Hong Kong U. of Science & Technology, Singapore, 2017
“Simple yet very POWERFUL concepts of Leadership. One of the few “life-changing” training I have had in my career.” ~ Nasri Mohamed, VP of Customer Experience, Telekom Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, 2017
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND?
Clearly, the testimonials above provide you with compelling endorsements to participate in this Leadership training. In addition, whether you are thinking of attending yourself – or if you considering this workshop for colleagues or students – following are more reasons to attend:
In late 2017, LinkedIn surveyed over 2,000 Executives asking what skills are most needed for the year 2018 and Leadership Skills were ranked #1. (p.s. One of our other MGT OPEN training specialties – namely Communications – was ranked #2).
This Leadership programme has been highly-acclaimed by our clients across Europe, in The Middle East and S.E. Asia and it will equip you with a tool box of strategies that you can immediately begin to implement. The workshop will make you intimately familiar with the essential Leadership Strategies such as empathasing, envisioning, enabling and empowering. Moreover, you will leave the training with a comprehensive list of websites, case studies and other resources that you can use to continue improving your leadership skills long after the workshop has successfully finished.
Please note that to promote dialogue and to better manage activities, the group size will be limited to the first 15 people to register.
OUR 1st TRAINING in HK:
We have offered our training in Jakarta, Singapore, KL, Beijing, Bangkok and now look forward to our first workshop in Hong Kong. As this is our first time to the “Pearl of the Orient”, we are offering the workshop at a GREAT VALUE fee!
The landscape for business in Hong Kong and globally – and as a result also your career options – is dramatically changing: employees expect more from you; clients have more alternatives; and your corporate and career reach transcends diverse cultures and borders. To be an effective leader today you need to be able to respond to these challenges with emotional intelligence, expertise and leadership skills that are proven to work!
In two intensive but inspiring days, you will learn contemporary Corporate and Academic Leadership Models that will provide you with a “transformational learning experience”. The result is that you will become a more effective leader with broader horizons who can solve complex problems, create positive change, accomplish your targets and, most importantly, accelerate and achieve your career success.
– Printed Workshop Manual
– Post-Workshop Summary (PDF) for Continuing Study
– Framed “Certificate of Accomplishment”
– Two Group Lunches, am & pm coffee breaks / snacks
MORE BENEFITS of ATTENDING:
– MASTER 10 Communication Strategies to help you lead more effectively
– RECEIVE actual study materials from MBA LEADERSHIP programmes (Harvard and St. Gallen)
– LEARN from – and NETWORK with – other Leaders for two interactive and inspiring days to transform your Leadership style and strategies
– ANALYSE the Key Principles of Leadership
– BENCHMARK your skills against legendary corporate leaders
– DISCOVER the differences between Leaders and Managers
– EMPOWER your Team to take-on more Leadership tasks
– ASSESS your personal strengths and weaknesses as a Leader
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
This workshop is designed for professionals from the Private, Public, Academic and NGO Sectors – and the Self-employed – who aspire to improve their leadership skills specifically:
– CEOs, Board Members and Directors
– Executive and Senior Managers
– Faculty and students
– Department Heads and Team Leaders
– HR and Corporate Communication Heads
– Project Managers
– Self-employed Professionals
SOME of our RECENT S.E. ASIA CLIENTS:
– Petronas Oil (Singapore)
– University of Science and Technology (Hong Kong)
– Telekom Malaysia (KL)
– Hong Kong Police Force (HK)
– Chief Minister’s Office (Sarawak)
– Bangkok University of Entrepreneurship and Management (Thailand)
– Stamford University (Thailand)
– itelligence (Malaysia)
– MicroStrategy (Singapore)
– Sarawak Energy (Malaysia)
– JSU Food & Beverages (Indonesia)
– Inter-Chillers (Australia)
– Cebu Pacific Air (Philippines)
– Transit Link (Singapore)
– Dow Chemical (Singapore)
– SME Bank (KL)
– U. of Brunei (Brunei)
WORKSHOP METHODOLOGY & SYLLABUS:
Through an in-depth perspective on legendary leaders from both the corporate and political world you will learn practical, easy-to-implement strategies to dramatically improve your leadership skills.
The two-day programme will be highly interactive encouraging the participants (max. number of 15) to contribute their own personal leadership experiences. The facilitators will offer their expertise, as well as, a variety of learning techniques such as corporate and business school case studies, self-assessments, videos and interactive activities.
Module 1: Leadership Principles
– Case Study: St. Gallen Business School -10 Principles of Leadership
– 10 Communication Strategies to Connect, Convince and Lead
– Assessing Your Emotional Intelligence for Leadership
– The Role of Authenticity
Module 2: Empowering Your Team
– Benchmarking your Leadership skills via websites and blogs
– Learning how to sell benefits when leading colleagues
– Case Study: The Billboard Simulation-How to Lead Visually
Module 3: Leadership Style & Culture
– Leading others emotionally and through memorable storytelling
– How to create a “Theory Y” culture of involvement at your company
– Exploring Cultural Factors that influence Leadership
Module 4: Models of Leaders
– Differences between Managers and Leaders
– Examining Inspiring Leaders from the Corporate & Political worlds
Module 5: Vision and Values
– Determining and implementing Vision & Values in your organisation
– Case Study: Completing a Leadership Questionnaire that measures your organisations’ Vision
Module 6: MBA Programmes in Leadership
– Harvard’s “Snowflake” Approach of Shared Leadership
– Case Study: The Dancing Guy – The Role of the “1st Follower” as a Leader
– An in-depth look at “What Leaders Actually Do – The 6 E’s of Leadership”
SOME RELEVANT FAQs:
Payment for attending can be conveniently and securely made via Eventbrite and PayPal if you have a PayPal Account (which is easy to set-up). Alternatively, you contact us via our contact form at www.mgtopen.com and we can make arrangements to send you an invoice.
80% of the MGT OPEN Training is done In-company. So, if this 25-26 April Public workshop in Hong Kong schedule is NOT convenient for you – or your organisation – contact us at www.mgtopen.com to schedule Corporate Communication, Leadership or Sustainability training to be held at your company at a precise time that fits your colleagues’ schedule. * BONUS: Our In-company training also offers great value with per person fees much less than Public workshops.
Bring your laptop and smart phone to the workshop with recent examples of Mission Statements, Corporate Values, Presentations, Speeches, etc.
NOTE regarding Refunds: Due to non-refundable pre-payment expenses for hosting this event, there are NO REFUNDS after the close of business Friday, 6 April. However, if you can’t attend for urgent reasons after paying your fee, you are welcome to send a substitute colleague, associate, friend OR attend any of our next regional workshops OR arrange for 1-1 Executive Coaching.